Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance")
Relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance with amendment afterward. This circular sets out the obligations and policies of Whirlpool (Hong Kong) Ltd ("Whirlpool Hong Kong") under the Ordinance.
We hold details of our customers including names, addresses, telephone numbers and Email address, together with other information which may be necessary for the provision of our services.
From time to time it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the opening or continuation of customer accounts and the provision of other related facilities and services.
The purposes for which data may be used are as follows:
- daily operation of our services;
- conducting customer, product and service surveys;
- subject to the requirement of the Ordinance, including maintenance contract, direct marketing of products, joint promotion and promotional activities;
- the handling of customer complaints and enquiries; and matters directly related thereto.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data held by us relating to customer will be kept confidential but we may provide such information to:
- subsidiaries and associated companies within Whirlpool group;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to Whirlpool group in connection with the operation of our business;
- the media (in related to the handling of customer complaints and enquiries in certain circumstances)
- any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to the Whirlpool group.
Browsing information collected from you (Cookies)
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site.
You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our Sites.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
As a data subject, you have a right under the Ordinance to check whether Whirlpool (Hong Kong) Ltd holds personal data on you , to obtain a copy of that data and to correct any data relating to you which in inaccurate. Requests for access to data or correction of data should be in writing and made to:
The Data Protection Officer
12/F., Wilson Logistics Centre,
24-28 Kung Yip Street, Kwai Chung, New Territories
Administration fee may be charged towards administrative expenses in complying with access requests.
If you do not wish to receive any promotional materials other than those relating to home appliances service, please write to us at the above address (stating your name, address and telephone numbers) so that your wishes can be recorded.
(If there is any inconsistency or conflict between English and Chinese version of this circular, the English version shall prevail)
Whirlpool (Hong Kong) Limited